Match: Slavia Sofia vs Ilves
Competition: Europa League First qualifying round
Time / Date: 19:30h / 19 July 2018
Venue: Nacionalen Stadion Vasil Levski (Sofia).
Slavia – Ilves predictions for reverse fixture from the first round of the Europa League. The „White“ are in a fabulous starting position before the game, but will the advance of the first match be sufficient to continue to the second round?
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Match Preview
A week ago, the better team on the pitch was Ilves, but the result was 1: 0 in favour of the Bulgarian team. The Finns made twice more shots against the opposing keeper- 16 vs 7, 5 of which were on target. The dominance of the ball was 53% in favour of Slavia, and the corners 7 to 3 for the Scandinavians.
The Finnish Veikausliga is in full swing, where Ilves holds the seventh position with 24 points in 18 games. The asset have been accumulated from 6 wins, 6 draws and 6 losses. The team were resting between the two qualifiers of the Europa League.
Slavia’s players failed to challenge the champion Ludogorets in the Super Cup game and deservedly lost 0-1. On Sunday, the „white“ started their participation in Beroe’s first home league match.
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Head-to-head
- This will be the first head-to-head encounter for the sides, coming at a crucial time for both.
- Slavia seem to have more depth in quality but have a hard task on their hands after a 0-1 win in Finland.
- Both sides have been scoring goals on the regular recently.
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Stats
- Slavia’s first two official meetings for the season ended with a score of 1: 0.
- Ilves is playing poorly as a guest in the Finnish championship – 3 wins, draw and 6 losses.
- They have scored 11 goals in the last 4 away games and conceded in 3 of them.
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Team News
The captain and star of Slavia Galin Ivanov is facing a transfer abroad and it is quite possible that the upcoming match will be the last for him with the white team.
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Prediction
The coach of the guests admitted that the „white“ was the better team in the first match and his team lost easily the first and second ball, as well as the fighting. Slavs defend well and experience fluctuations in the final phase. This makes us think that the rematch will also not be very strong, and Slavia will be able to continue to the second round of the Europa League.
Slavia Sofia vs Ilves Betting Tips
- Slavia to win – BET 10$ and win 17$
- Under 2.5 Match Goals – BET 10$ and win 16$