Match: Croatia vs England
Competition: FIFA World Cup 2018 Semi Final
Time / Date: 21:00h / 11 July 2018
Venue: Stadion Luzhniki, Moscow.
Croatia vs England Prediction
England to win at 11/8 (@2.40) with Betfair
Croatia vs England Correct Score Prediction
England 2:0 at 10/1 (@11.00) with Betfair
Croatia vs England Anytime goalscorer prediction
Harry Kane anytime goalscorer at – 5/4 (@2.25) with Betfair
Croatia – England prediction for the match of the World Cup semi-finals. Will we see a third consecutive success for Croatia after a penalty shootout or England will prevail to qualify for the World Cup final for the first time since 1966?
In the following lines, we will analyze the performance of both teams, we will look at their results so far and will give our betting tips and predictions for Croatia – England.
Croatia vs England Match Preview
Few are going to challenge Croatia’s dominance in the group stage of the tournament. Zlatko Dalić’s boys’ performance was unassailable, and while the victories over Nigeria and Iceland were more likely to be expected, the strong 3: 0 solidified the ambitions of the chess players for a long-distance race.
In the subsequent 2 games, the Croatian form fell down. The Blazers got the first goal in both matches against Denmark and Russia but after led by their captain Luka Modric managed to score an equalising goal and win after penalties shout outs. The duel for Croatia against England on Wednesday will undoubtedly be their heaviest until Croatia is the team with the most played minutes of this championship.
England starts the World Cup in good fashion and most of the football fans share the opinion they have played best 45′ against Tunisia, but they have to wait for 90′ to take the win with Harry Kane goal. After that the win with 6:1 over Panama and recorded a loss from Belgium with 1:0 in a game where both sides give a rest to their main elevens.
The defeat from Belgium sent England into a seemingly easier stream, but that did not make Gareth Southgate players so easy. England was horrified to get an equalizing goal in the final minutes of the 1/8-final against Colombia and had to break the penalty shootout to go forward to a match against Sweden. „The Three Lions“ deservedly won a 2-0 victory over the Scandinavians and only for the third time in their history will play in the semifinal against the Croatian team.
Croatia vs England Head-to-head
- England have 4 wins and 2 losses in its previous 6 games against Croatia.
- England won the only match between the two nations in a big tournament, defeating their opponent with 4: 2 at Euro 2004.
- In 5 of the last 6 games between Croatia and England are scored over 2.5 goals.
- England players have scored at least 2 goals in the previous 3 matches against Croatia.
Croatia vs England Stats, Streaks and History
- So far, 8 Croatian players have scored at least 1 goal in the 2018 World Cup.
- Croatia was ranked in the first four World Cup teams for the first time since 1998.
- Croatia became only the second team after Argentina, managed to beat two teams in one tournament after shout outs
- The only loss for The Blazers in the elimination phase of the World Cup is in the semi-final against France in 1998.
- England have failed to record 2 wins against European teams at the 1982 World Cup.
- England have scored 11 goals in the tournament, as it did in its only success in the 1966 tournament.
- Harry Kane does not have a goal for England in a game that is played on Wednesday.
Croatia vs England Team News
- Knowing the style of Gareth Southgate, the only change in England’s start eleven would have been caused by the tiredness of some of the players. So far, the young specialist is betting on the same team, but Croatia has one of the strongest midfielders in the tournament, and many believe change is needed. Eric Dier looks like a decent change at the expense of one of the attacking midfielders to strengthen the defensive line of The Three Lions.
Predicted Lineup 3-1-4-2 : Pickford – Walker, Stones, Maguire – Dier – Trippier, Lingard, Alli, Young – Sterling, Kane.
- Hardly Zlatko Dalic will leave one of his stars on the bench. Modric, Rakitic, Perisic and Mandzukic seem to be secure, but we may see changes to other positions. The Croatian coach is one of the specialists who does not hesitate to make rockets and in view of the team’s situation and the need for refreshment, it will not be a surprise if we see changes in the Croatian starting eleven.
Predicted Lineup 4-1-4-1 : Subasic – Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Pivaric – Brozovic – Rebic, Modric, Rakitic, Perisic – Mandzukic.
Croatia vs England Prediction
Croatia undoubtedly have the talent and opportunities to beat this England team, but the seemingly higher odds for The Blazers are right. Modric and the company have played very difficult games so far and the accumulated tiredness cannot help. At the end of the match against Russia, many of Croatian players seemed exhausted.
England managed to maintain their strength because of the more favourable program and the easier matches up to the moment of the tournament. „The Three Lions“ create situations, and their compact defence game is also not to be underestimated.
Our prediction for Croatia – England is Victory for England. The recommended bookmaker for such markets is Betfair.