Match: Belgium vs Japan
Competition: FIFA World Cup Round of 16
Time / Date: 21:00h / 2 July 2018
Venue: Rostov Arena, Rostov-na-Donu
One of the biggest favourites here at this World Cup, Belgium meet Japan that have reached this stage thanks to fair play rule.
Belgium vs Japan Match Preview
Belgium manages to beat England 1:0 in last round of their group, but that wasn’t the perfect outcome for them. Now here they meet easy side as Japan, but if they reach next round maybe will have to face a Brazilian side.
Roberto Martinez is maybe not the happiest person on this planet after this news for his team, but at the end sooner or later his side must face a team like this Selecao in their way to the top.
- In six of Belgium’s last eight games, there has held a clean sheet.
- Belgium have won seven of their last eight World Cup matches and lose once.
- Red Devil’s remain unbeaten in 22 games winning 17 and drawing 5, during which they have failed to score only once.
- Roberto Martinez gives a rest in last game to a couple of his star players.
Japan only bound their way to the knockout stage on the fair play rule at the price of Senegal place. Samurai Blue missed to score in five of last six matches with the European side at World Cups and they will head into this as massive underdogs.
- Japan have lost four of their last seven WC matches, other three are 1 win and two draws.
Belgium vs Japan Head-to-head
Japan have a solid history against Belgium, which holds only one loss from five games plus two wins and two draws.
Belgium vs Japan Team News
- Belgium hoping to keep fit Lukaku and Hazard for this game.
- Jan Vertonghen, Kevin De Bruyne, Thomas Meunier, Youri Tielemans and Leander Dendoncker are all one booking away from suspension.
- We surely can expect lots of players to get back on starting eleven.
Courtois, Alderweireld, Boyata, Vertonghen, Carrasco, Witsel, De Bruyne, Meunier, Hazard, Mertens, Lukaku
- Inui, Hasebe, Eiji Kawashima and Tomoaki Makino are all one booking away from a ban.
- Japan have made surprising changes in last game and here we can expect most of the players to get back on track.
Kawashima, Sakai, Shoji, Yoshida, Nagatomo, Hasebe, Shibasaki, Inui, Kagawa, Haraguchi, Osako
Belgium vs Japan Prediction
Belgium are completely favourite in this clash, Roberto Martinez gives a break to main players in his squad and here will have fresh energy. Belgium scored tremendous nine goals in the group stage.
Japan need a miracle to take the win here and I can’t see that to happen.
Belgium vs Japan Betting Tips