Match: Spain vs Russia
Competition: FIFA World Cup Round of 16
Time / Date: 17:00h / 1 July 2018
Venue: Stadion Luzhniki, Moscow.
After a nightmare in last game for Spain and very difficult transferring to the eight finals, Spain will go head-to-head with hosts in face of Russia.
Spain vs Russia Match Preview
After finishing in the top of the Group B and without a loss, Spanish team have some problems against Morocco in last game where the game finish as a 2:2 draw. Iago Aspas backheel was ruled out in last game, but again VAR help with the situation and the situation was recognized as a goal for Spain.
- David De Gea conceded five goals from six shots in this World Cup till now, but Fernando Hierro has confirmed that the Man Utd star will keep his place.
- Now Spain are unbeaten in 23 games with 15 wins and 8 draws.
- In that period they’ve scored at least one goal in all of those 23 matches.
- Isco good performance is that we can see everywhere, he was involved in 12 goals from last 15 games with Spain. That included 10 goals and 2 assists.
Russia finishes as a runner-up in their Group A, they finish just before the very well performed Uruguay team. Before the start, everyone expects from Sbornaya almost nothing, but they impress with their football till now.
- This is first ever appearance at this stage for Russia (World Cup).
- Russia have kept one clean sheet in last 13 games.
- The hosts were the most clinical side with a conversion rate of 25.9%.
Spain vs Russia Head-to-head
These two sides have met each other last in November where the game finish as 3:3 draw, Fedor Smolov got two goals then.
In fact, these two sides have six encounters and zero wins for Sbornaya, Spain won 4 and drew 2.
In three encounters Russia failed to score a goal, and before last game, they have calculated just one goal.
Spain vs Russia Team News
- De Gea will not miss this game, despite the information that Hierro will change him.
- Sergio Busquets is one card away from a ban.
- I’m expecting Aspas to start in the place of the experienced David Silva after the good show in the last game.
De Gea, Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Busquets, Koke, Iniesta, Isco, Silva, Costa
- Dzagoev is injured and Smolnikov was sent off in last game against Uruguay, both will miss this game.
- Aleksandr Golovin, Fedor Smolov and Yuri Gazinskiy are all one booking away from a ban.
Akinfeev, Fernandes, Kutepov, Ignashevich, Zhirkov, Zobnin, Gazinskiy, Samedov, Golovin, Cheryshev, Dzyuba
Spain vs Russia Prediction
73% of Russia games since 17/18 produced more than two goals and when they met a team like Spain who have seen same in 10 out of 15 we can expect goals here.
But Spain class is something that I can’t expect from Russia to handle, we can go on Spain to win and Both Teams to Score a goal if we look at Spain last 8 games were 6 of them they’ve scored and conceded at least one goal.
Spain vs Russia Betting Tips