Match: Croatia vs Denmark
Competition: FIFA World Cup Round of 16
Time / Date: 21:00h / 1 July 2018
Venue: Stadion Nizhny Novgorod.
Croatia will get into this round-of-16 match as big favorites after winning all three of their group games, including a 3-0 thrashing of Argentina. Denmark will be pleased just with their group display that saw them qualify behind France with two draws and a win.
Croatia vs Denmark Match Preview
The Blazers topped the hard Group D without cracking a sweat, having got all of three ties with an exciting 7-1 goal difference along the way. They’ve definitely justified the tag of a team with the world-class midfield and we’d not be shocked to see them go far at the tournament.
- Ten of Croatia’s last 14 games have seen one side score.
- Croatia have arrived at the knockout stages of the World Cup for only the second time following 1998. They ended third that year, their best ever display at a major tournament.
- Croatia have won all three of their matches so far at the 2018 World Cup, which is their greatest ever streak of triumphs in the competition. They’ve also conceded only one goal in those three games, it appeared from the penalty spot against Iceland.
- Six of Croatia’s seven goals at this cycle’s World Cup have been calculated in the second-half. Additionally, five of their last six shots on target have spotted the back of the net.
Denmark’s closing group match versus France had the character of a practice match, played at a low pace as both sides effectively settled for a point that suited them both. The Danes are maybe a bit blessed to have made it through though, following another draw against a limited Australian side and a lightly accidental win over Peru.
- Denmark have been behind at half-time just once in the last 20 games.
- Denmark’s last seven games have all seen under 2.5 goals, with six of the games also seeing only one side score.
Croatia vs Denmark Head-to-head
Croatia beat Denmark 3-0 at Euro 96 in the single former meeting at a major tournament. Overall it’s two victories each and a draw from the five games between the sides, although they haven’t met since 2004.
Croatia vs Denmark Team News
- Zlatko Dalic rung the changes for the 2-1 win over Iceland, though should name his strongest XI here.
- That would see the likes of Ivan Rakitic, Marcelo Brozovic and Mario Mandzukic return to the side.
- No fewer than eight Croatia players, including Rakitic, Brozovic and Mandzukic, are one booking away from a one-match ban.
Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic, Rakitic, Brozovic, Modric, Rebic, Mandzukic, Perisic
- William Kvist is sidelined through injury, with Lasse Schone expected to deputise in the middle once more, though Andreas Christensen is an option having played in midfield against France.
- Yussuf Poulsen is back from suspension and expected to start on the right in place of Martin Braithwaite.
- Zanka, Pione Sisto and Thomas Delaney are all one booking away from suspension.
Schmeichel, Dalsgaard, Kjaer, Christensen, Larsen, Delaney, Schone, Sisto, Eriksen, Poulsen, Jorgensen
Croatia vs Denmark Prediction
I don’t expect from Croatia to rush things out here and will push in the second half. While the Danes will try their luck on counter attacks.
I expect Harvats to catch the win here, where we found more classy athletes in their squad.
And Croatia and Denmark Predictions is:
Croatia vs Denmark Betting Tips