Match: France vs Argentina
Competition: FIFA World Cup Round of 16
Time / Date: 17:00h / 30 June 2018
Venue: Kazan Arena, Kazan.
Here is what the fans want to watch, match between two incredibly strong and classy teams in the face of France plus Argentina.
Considering the offensive power of both teams, the game predicts to be very dynamic and with a bunch of goal situation in front of both goalkeepers.
France vs Argentina Match Preview
The team led by Jorge Sampaoli is not in their usual form, but after the last match in which The White and Sky-Blues defeated Nigeria with 2 to 1, they suggested that the weak form so far could have been just a bad period and were Messi and Co. are ready to continue pursuing their goals in this tournament.
In the last 5 games, Argentina have 2 wins, 2 losses and one draw.
- Crushing loss from Spain 6: 1.
- A convincing victory over weak Haiti with 4: 0.
- Draw facing Iceland 1: 1 in the first match of the World Cup Group stage.
- An unexpected loss from Croatia with 3:0 which put Argentina under great pressure and the chance to leave out of the tournament.
- The hard-won victory over Nigeria with 2: 1 in the last match of the group that allowed the La Albiceleste to continue in the tournament.
- At the World Cup finals, Argentina leader Lionel Messi is not excited with his performance by just one goal and zero assists.
- In the last 5 games, Argentina has only one clean sheet in the match against Haiti’s team.
France’s crew is in good form, finishing first in their group, but failed to fully expand on their offensive power. The Blues only lost one loss in their last 15 international matches.
- In their last 5 games, the team led by Didier Descan has 3 wins and 2 draws inside one month.
- In that period they record win over Italy with 3:1.
- Draw facing another team that doesn’t appear at World Cup stage USA with result 1:1.
- Victory over Australia in the first round of the group stage with 2:1. Achieved very hard with Aziz Behich’s own goal (81′).
- Victory facing Peru with 1: 0. The goal is marked on Kylian Mbappe, who is his only one so far.
- In their last game of the group made a goalless draw with Denmark. As Didier Deschamp made a lot of changes in this game to give break to key players.
France vs Argentina Head-to-head – H2H
These two opponents have played four games against each other so far. In the four clash, Argentina has so far been very successful.
- The first match separating the two teams was in the 1930s and Argentina took 1-0 win.
- Back to 1978 Argentina won again with 2:1.
- 2008 and 2009 Argentina record another two victories with 1:0 and 2:0.
- In four games Argentina have 3 clean sheets and three times the game over with less than three goals.
France vs Argentina Team News
- After the changes made by Didier Deschamp in the last match against Denmark and the rest of the main players, Hugo Lloris, Benjamin Pavard, Samuel Umtiti, Paul Pogba and Kylian Mbappe are expected to return to the starting team.
Lloris , Pavart , Varane , Umtiti , Hernandez , Tolliso, Pogba , Kante , Mbappe , Grizmann , Dembele
- Jorge Sampaoli has a weak influence on his conception after poor results.
- Expectations are for Argentina to come up with the same starting eleven and approach as in the match with Nigeria.
Armani , Tagliafico , Rojo, Otamendi , Mercado , Di Maria, Banega , Mascherano , Perez , Messi , Higuain
France vs Argentina Predictions
We should expect maybe goal festival here after we look at both teams attacking power, Argentina have players like Messi, Higuain , Dybala and other. While France have stars like Mbappe , Griezmann , Dembele and co.
If we study the stats Sampioli’s team have seen more than three goals in four of last five matches and France can help here too after they scored at least one goal in four matches from last five.
Let’s try to find out the winner here, both teams came to Russia this summer with huge expectations from their fans. But till now none of them shows full potential and I expect finally Messi to rise his team and to take the win over France, a team that they know how to beat if we look at h2h stats.
France vs Argentina Betting Tips