Match: Mexico vs Sweden
Competition: FIFA World Cup Group F
Time / Date: 17:00h / 27 June 2018
Venue: Yekaterinburg Arena.
Mexico appears inside this match full with faith after an excellent start to Group F and a draw here will be suitable to secure top spot. Sweden meanwhile, started well with a win over South Korea but later failed spectacularly to a last-gasp German goal, and now must make a positive result here to keep expectations of advancing.
Mexico vs Sweden Match Preview
Mexico kept the sharp record hitting South Korea 2-1 on Saturday. A draw here would keep El Tri at the roof of the ranks in Group F, despite the outcome in the opposite match.
- Mexico have only lost two of their last ten matches in all competitions (W6, D2, L2).
- Mexico have never won three following matches at the World Cup and could become the first CONCACAF team to reach this achievement in World Cup history.
Till now Sweden have been very bad moving front, although they were luckless to lose the game so late on facing Germany. Toni Kroos’ striker won the match for the ten men of Germany on Saturday, but Sweden returned it on themselves after remaining back incredibly deep for the whole of the second half.
- Sweden have won only four of their last 13 World Cup games when they’ve scored first (D5 L4).
- Sweden registered just 24% possession in their 2-1 defeat to Germany.
Mexico vs Sweden / H2H – Head-to-head /
In terms of the H2H
- Sweden have the advantage (W2, D1, L1) – although three of the four encounters were friendlies.
- In their only past competitive match, Sweden were hosts of the 1958 World Cup and smash Mexico 3-0 in the group stages.
Mexico vs Sweden Team News
Both sides didn’t have any missing players and we should expect the same XI from them.
Ochoa, Alvarez, Salcedo, Moreno, Gallardo, Guardado, Herrera, Layun, Vela, Lozano, Hernandez
Olsen, Lustig, Lindelof, Granqvist, Augustinsson, Claesson, Larsson, Ekdal, Forsberg, Toivonen, Berg
Mexico vs Sweden Prediction
Even that we know Sweden needs three points here, I didn’t expect from them to change their defensive approach against Mexico attacking power.
Less than three goals we can expect for sure, while drawing at halftime looking very good option too.
Mexico vs Sweden Betting Tips
-Draw at Half Time – 11/10 (@2.10)
-Under 2.5 Match Goals – 7/10 (@1.70)