Match: Iceland vs Croatia
Competition: FIFA World Cup Group D
Time / Date: 21:00h / 26 June 2018
Venue: Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don.
It’s time for the final matches in Group D, where Iceland is in the last attempt to reach the eighth-finals against Croatia who have already qualified for the next stage, the only question is whether they will come out first or second in the group.
Iceland vs Croatia Match Preview
The Croatians enjoy a perfect performance at the World Cup so far.
- After the perfect start and the 2-0 victory over Nigeria (Etebo OG, Modric), The Blazers players managed to win 3:0 (Rebic, Modric; Rakitic) facing Argentina.
- Croatia will surely compete in the eight-finals as only a miracle will move them from the first place.
- In this match, many players will get a break (Dejan Lovren, Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, Ivan Perisic, Ante Rebic and Mario Mandzukic).
- With cards from the first clashes are (Ivan Rakitic, Mario Mandzukic, Sime Vrsaljko).
After the good start and the hard-won point against Argentina 1: 1 (Aguero, Finnbogarson), Iceland raised their expectations to themselves but followed a heavy loss from Nigeria 2: 0 (Musa, Musa), which lowered their chances to a minimum. In the match with Croatia, victory is a must for the Scandinavians to keep their chances of moving forward at the race.
- This is the first spring for Scandinavians in the World Cup finals.
- Iceland has managed to win World Cup qualifying group by finishing in front of Croatia, Ukraine and Turkey.
- In the last 4 matches between these two teams, the refs showed 3 red cards which guarantee a battle on both sides.
- Heimir Hallgrímsson’s boys were the hit of the last European Cup with reaching the Fourth Finals, at least wanting to repeat their performance.
Iceland vs Croatia Head-to-head (H2H)
This is the sixth match between these two opponents with four wins for Croatia, one draw and one victory for Iceland in their last match between them.
- Iceland managed to defeat in the final battle with Croatia and with that, they’ve to led the World Cup Qualification Group with 22 points against 20 for the Croatians.
- Croatia knocked the Scandinavians into a World Cup playoffs in 2014.
- From all matches between these two opponents, only one both teams have scored a goal.
- In the last 4 games, there was shown 3 red cards.
Iceland vs Croatia Team News
Iceland Team News and Predicted Line-Ups
- Coach Heimir Hallgrimsson can’t count on injured Johann Berg Gudmundsson Rurik
- Gislason, who is expected to start against Croatia, was also used as a replacement for Gudmundsson against Nigeria.
Haldorsson , Saevarsson, Arnason, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Magnusson , Gislason, Gunnarsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Bjarnason , Bodvarsson, Finnbogason.
Croatia Team News and Predicted Line-Ups
- We can expect a lot of changes to the formation of Croatia.
Subasic , Pivaric, Caleta-Car, Jedvaj, Strinic , Brozovic , Pjaca, Badelj, Kovacic, Bradaric ,Kramaric.
Iceland vs Croatia Prediction
Zlatko Dalić will give a break to most of his key players after they have finished their work and have been ahead of the crowd in the club as well as the energy in the team will not be at the usual level.
And this should be a good opportunity for Iceland with the right structure and good motivation to take the three points.
Iceland has managed to win the last match between them, and we expect today to achieve the same result. The contest between these rivals is not the most charming, in the last 4 games – 5 goals were scored.