Match: Australia vs Peru
Competition: FIFA World Cup Group C
Time / Date: 17:00h / 26 June 2018
Venue: Olimpiyskiy Stadion Fisht, Sochi.
Australia will seek to take benefits of the situation before of the last round of action in Group C as they get on the already-relegated Peru team on Tuesday evening in Sochi.
Australia vs Peru Match Preview
Peru are dropped following two tight losses to Denmark plus France.
- They have performed well, but have missed to pick up a point at the World Cup and were tapped out of the race following a 1-1 draw with France last week.
- Peru will be meeting a rival from Oceania for the first time in a World Cup finals, however they met New Zealand in a qualification playoff to advance to this scene – winning 2-0 over two legs.
- Peru are without win in their last eight World Cup games (D2 L6), missing to secure a goal in six of those clashes.
Australia gained only one point in two contests till now, but a victory here will hopefully help them move past the group drama.
- Australia have held exactly one clean sheet in their 15 past World Cup games (0-0 vs Chile in 1974), allowing at least once in any of their last 12 matches.
- Australia requires a triumph here to hold their beliefs of progression alive, but are plus counting on France overcoming Danes in order to defend the second spot.
- Australia are near to replicating their South Africa 2010 game-by-game form (L1, D1, W1) – if they converted their win in final game to 2-1.
Australia vs Peru Head-to-head
This will be the first-ever meeting between Australia and Peru.
Australia vs Peru Teams News
Australia Team News and Predicted Line-Ups
- Andrew Nabbout maintained a dislocated arm in the 1-1 draw with Denmark, which must see Tomi Juric begin.
- Daniel Arzani restores Robbie Kruse at the left following a clever Cameo convincing versus the Danes.
- The veteran Tim Cahil will wait for his time here.
Ryan, Risdon, Sainsbury, Milligan, Behich, Mooy, Jedinak, Leckie, Kruse, Rogic, Nabbout
Peru Team News and Predicted Line-Ups
- Leader and talisman Paolo Guerrero is suspected to influence the line again after replacing Jefferson Farfan for their event facing France
- Although Farfan could reverse to the starting lineup in the position of either Carrillo or Flores.
Gallese, Advincula, Ramos, Rodriguez, Trauco, Aquino, Yotun, Carrillo, Cueva, Farfan, Guerrero
Australia vs Peru Prediction
On the scales of objects, we can see Australia receiving the victory here. Peru will need to give their supporters something to cheer, but Australia’s demand for the three points is far higher. I’ve backing an Australia win here but also adding and Both Teams to Score.
The Socceroos have set in a solid account of themselves in Russia and could land a key three points here.
Peru build-up is very quality, but they should improve the finishing and here we can see that.